Making the Change to Heritage

Ready to Start Unstoppable You?

Are you ready to make the switch to Heritage? Transfer students or students with a baccalaureate degree can submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions:

  1. A Heritage University Application for admission.
  2. An official transcript from each college/university attended. A high school transcript is also required of students who have not completed a Washington State AA-DTA (Associate of Arts-Direct Transfer Agreement). If you have completed college credits in another country we require a foreign transcript evaluation. Transcript evaluation can be done by any of the organizations with the membership in (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). We suggest the following companies; World Education Services and Foundation for International Services. Please see the links below for detailed information regarding a foreign credential evaluation:
    (World Education Services)
    (Foundation for International Services)
  3. A Heritage University placement assessment is required of students who have less than an A.A. degree. Exceptions are considered on an individual basis.
  4. Students who have completed the appropriate associate of arts transfer degree from Washington community colleges are admitted with junior standing at Heritage.
  5. Transfer credits are accepted from regionally accredited (or candidate) colleges and universities with the following restrictions:
    1. Transfer credits must have a minimum grade of 2.00 (C) on a 4.00 scale for undergraduates.
    2. A maximum of 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of academic credit is accepted from junior and community colleges toward a four-year degree. (Occupational vocational courses are not accepted although exceptions may be made if relevant to a particular major.)
    3. A maximum of 4 semester credits of physical education credit is accepted toward a four-year degree.
    4. A maximum of 6 semester credits of traditional courses with a Pass grade is accepted. However, academic departments may have specific regulations regarding Pass courses.
    5. Credits awarded through examination programs such as College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Advanced Placement (AP) are evaluated on an individual basis.
    6. Heritage may grant credit for learning sponsored by business, industry, or government if the learning has been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE) or by the Program on non-collegiate Sponsored Instruction
      (PONSI) of New York.
    7. Credit may be granted for educational experience from formal military service schools which have been evaluated by the Office of Educational Credit of the American Council on Education (ACE) and which are found in The Guide to the
      Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Forces.
    8. Domestic and international students who have completed college credits in another country may be considered for freshman admission. Transfer credit is evaluated through a course-by-course analysis and may require review by an
      external entity with expertise in the field of foreign credential assessment. The acceptance of credit is based on factors such as the current status of the transfer study, applicability to the Heritage University program, and quality of grades.
    9. Informal evaluations of transfer credit may be requested. Such evaluations are subject to change when all official transcripts are received and evaluated by the Registrar. The college reserves the right to evaluate all transfer credits in relation to its programs.
    10. Heritage University reserves the right to accept or reject non-traditional means of obtaining credit depending on the relevance and application of such credits to the total degree program.

If you attended Columbia Basin College and are interested in transferring to Heritage University, please see the Transfer Guide below: