Regarding an academic issue or faculty member:
Students who feel that an academic decision affecting them should be re-examined may present their case according to the following grievance process.. Student have a limit of one year from eh time of the incident in which to file a complaint. These steps are followed until the concern is resolved:
- The student is encouraged to confer with the instructor concerned.
- If the student believes the matter has not been satisfactorily resolved, the student confers with the department chair or department director.
- If the student believes the matter has not been satisfactorily resolved, the student confers with the college dean to seek assistance in resolving the concern.
- A student makes an appointment with the provost/vice president of Academic Affairs to seek assistance in resolving the concern.
- The student and the provost/vice president of Academic Affairs may request a hearing committee to review the matter.
- The provost/vice president of Academic Affairs communicates the decision to the concerned student.
Regarding a staff member:
齐天娱乐国际官网Students are encouraged to provide constructive feedback by first sharing the concern directly with the staff member involved. If the matter is not considered resolved, the student may then approach the staff member’s supervisor. Students may contact the Office of Human Resources to determine the appropriate supervisor and contact information.
Regarding a harassment issue:
Heritage University is committed to creating a safe learning and working environment. Harassment is defined as conduct which threatens, intimidates, alarms, or puts a person in fear of his or her safety. Harassment is unwanted, unwelcomed and uninvited behavior that demeans, threatens or offends the victim and results in a hostile environment for the victim. Harassing behavior may include, but is not limited to, epithets, derogatory comments or slurs and lewd propositions, assault, blocking movement, offensive touching and visual insults, such as derogatory posters or cartoons. Students experiencing harassment regarding a staff, faculty member, or third party vendor of Heritage University are encouraged to contact the Office of Human Resources as soon as possible.
If the harassment involves another student, please contact the Office of Student Affairs to report the problem and seek assistance.
Regarding another student:
Students are expected to communicate concerns in a direct and respectful manner. If it is not feasible to approach another student directly, then the student with the concern should contact the Office of Student Affairs for assistance with resolving the matter.
齐天娱乐国际官网If internal complaint processes have not resolved the issue, you may contact any of the following:
Washington State Office of the Attorney General
1125 Washington Street SE
PO Box 40100
Olympia, WA 98504
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
8060 165th Avenue N.E. Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
(425) 376-0596 (fax)
For Student Consumer Complaints, please see http://cheptiret.com/student-resources/student-consumer-complaint-process/